Monday thru Friday
2:00pm to 6:00pm
As a Software Analyst, you will test prerelease software looking for programming errors, user interface irregularities and other defects just like an end user does when they download an app from Apple’s App Store or Google’s Play Store. Software Analysts are the last line of defense against faulty apps hitting the marketplace, and becoming a Software Analyst is often the first career step in entering the growing industry of software development.
— PLEASE NOTE —
NO PROGRAMMING OR NETWORKING KNOWLEDGE IS REQUIRED
BUT THEY ARE HELPFUL SKILLS IF YOU HAVE THEM
Who We Are:
Digital Dream Forge (DDF) is a casual independent software services company in Cookeville, Tennessee. We are in search of bright, reliable and motivated Software Analysts who can help us test mobile apps, mobile peripherals, web sites, point of sale devices and anything that runs software. We work hard, but we have fun, too!
Our clients need to have accurate details in order to fix defects quickly. We will provide training on how to document and report these defects properly. Attention to detail is a must for this position, as well as good communication skills, both written and oral.
As a Software Analyst, you will test prerelease applications, and look for “defects”. A defect is a crash, error, typo, user interface irregularity, audio problem or something in the app that just seems wrong. Here are some examples:
- A graphic is not displaying or overlapping other graphics
- A word is spelled incorrectly
- The app crashes when a button is pressed
- A necessary button is missing
- The wrong sound effect plays, or no sound plays when it should play
- The app runs on an iPhone 8, but not an iPhone X
- Onscreen text overlaps other text
- The app does something other than what was intended
Once you find a defect, you must determine the exact steps to reproduce it. Then you must carefully type up the details of the defect for our clients. Other tasks may be assigned based on project needs.
As a Software Analyst, you will be working with other Digital Dream Forge employees and our clients directly, requiring confident, positive communication skills and consistent, forward-thinking organizational skills. Here are a few examples of the responsibilities involved with being a Software Analyst:
- Rapid and professional communication with our clients via email and instant messaging tools
- Ability to prioritize and organize testing tasks assigned by our clients in real-time
- A motivated “can do” attitude that focuses on providing our clients with the best service possible
- Ability to think critically and problem solve unique situations that occur during software development
- Accurate and detailed creation and updating of documentation for our clients
- The desire to acquire a well-rounded knowledge about the software development industry
- Motivated! If you are not interested in making a difference through hard work, this is not a position for you
- Computer and mobile device experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- The ability to learn new software tools
879 W. Jackson Street, Cookeville, TN 38501
This position starts @ $10.00 an hour.
Digital Dream Forge performs raise reviews for all of our employees every three months. This means it is possible to receive four raises a year if your performance is good AND you continue to push yourself to increase your contribution levels to the company and our clients.
DDF is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, lineage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
DDF participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
DDF is a smoke-free workplace.