TELEWORK SOFTWARE ANALYST
Monday thru Friday
9:00am to 6:00pm
As a Telework Software Analyst, you will test prerelease software looking for programming errors, user interface irregularities and other defects just like an end user does when they download an app from Apple’s App Store or Google’s Play Store. A majority of the time working will be from a remote location of your choice (like a home office, or other personally created workspace). The position requires some time in the company office for things such as new hire orientation, training and project reassignments. However, a majority (75%+ yearly) of your time would be spent working from your remotely designated workspace.
— PLEASE NOTE —
THIS IS A TELEWORK POSITION SO YOUR PERSONALLY DESIGNATED WORKSPACE MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS –
- An area where you can perform confidential work, that is safe from hazards and other dangers to you and your assigned equipment.
- You must have a personally controlled internet connection. This means you can’t use a public internet connection like a freely provided student, apartment, library, computer cafe, coffee shop, etc. internet connection.
- Your internet connection must use a strong password for access. This means the password to gain access to your internet must be a minimum of 16 characters in length and include uppercase, lowercase and numbers in the password.
- Your internet connection must have a minimum download speed of 25Mbps and a minimum upload speed of 5Mbps.
- Your workspace must be in one of the following Tennessee counties: Cumberland, DeKalb, Fentress, Jackson, Overton, Putnam, Smith or White.
Who We Are:
Digital Dream Forge (DDF) is a casual, independent software services company in Cookeville, Tennessee. We are in search of bright, reliable and motivated Software Analysts who can work remotely and help us test mobile apps, mobile peripherals, web sites, point of sale devices and anything that runs software.
Our clients need us to create accurate detailed reports about each defect in order to fix those defects quickly. We will provide training on how to document and report these defects properly. However, you must be personally motivated to provide quality work and attention to detail is a must for this position, as well as good communication skills, both written and oral. Our clients rely on us to provide quality service, which means all of our staff must have a personal motivation to do the same.
As a Software Analyst, you will test prerelease applications, and look for “defects”. A defect is a crash, error, typo, user interface irregularity, audio problem or something in the app that just seems wrong. Here are some examples:
- A graphic is not displaying or overlapping other graphics
- A word is spelled incorrectly
- The app crashes when a button is pressed
- A necessary button is missing
- The wrong sound effect plays, or no sound plays when it should play
- The app runs on an iPhone 8, but not an iPhone X
- Onscreen text overlaps other text
- The app does something other than what was intended
Once you find a defect, you must determine the exact steps to reproduce it. Then you must carefully type up the details of the defect for our clients. Other tasks may be assigned based on project needs.
As a Software Analyst, you will be working with other Digital Dream Forge employees and our clients directly, requiring confident, positive communication skills and consistent, forward-thinking organizational skills. Here are a few examples of the responsibilities involved with being a Software Analyst:
- Rapid and professional communication with our clients via video/audio conferencing, email and instant messaging tools
- Ability to prioritize and organize testing tasks assigned by our clients in real-time
- A motivated “can do” attitude that focuses on providing our clients with the best service possible
- Ability to think critically and problem solve unique situations that occur during software development
- Accurate and detailed creation and updating of documentation for our clients
- The desire to acquire a well-rounded knowledge about the software development industry
- Motivated! If you are not interested in making a difference through hard work, this is not a position for you
- Computer and mobile device experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- The ability to learn new software tools
- Capable of presenting a professional image to our clients
Company Office: 879 W. Jackson Street, Cookeville, TN 38501
Personal Workspace: Any personal location that meets the requirements listed above.
This position starts @ $10.00 an hour.
Full time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance after a short period of time.
DDF is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, lineage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
DDF participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
DDF is a smoke-free workplace.